Yum Alert: Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies
If you have been following our Luxury Spot Instagram you would know that yesterday I successfully made choclate chip candy cane cookies. I followed the recpie below and they came out absolulty delicious. I think probably the best I have ever made.
The recipe is super simple, and that is coming from someone who think cooking is ordering in dinner and putting it out on fancy plates. The only thing I did definitely, is that I added chocolate chips instead of vanilla chips.
- 1/2 cup butter (only real butter, not low fat), room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy cane, crushed
- Mix the butter and sugars in a bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate and the peppermint candy cane.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before placing it onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet one table spoon at a time rolled up into balls.
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven until just lightly golden brown around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.
Recipe and images [ via ]