Life Advice From An Intern Part VIII
1. Hug your friends.
2. I am so simple and used to being single, the fact that someone wants to walk me to class, buy me coffee, or bring me flowers, and take me to dinner is the craziest notion.
3. How often do you think about what you say?
4. It is definitely okay for a woman to initiate the first kiss. In fact, I recommend it.
5. Ain’t no body got time for bombs. Peace is where it is at.
6. Just because it’s Spring that does not mean black is out of the question.
7. I’ll always take laughter over food.
8. Last week I was on the phone with my therapist, and as we were finishing up our conversation I almost said, “Okay love you, bye!”
9. I think that there’s something very important to be said about going with your gut and turning to yourself for advice. Sometimes asking all of your friends for advice can actually hurt you. They are not you. They don’t know your history. They don’t know how you think, and no matter how close they are to you, they don’t know what you are feeling and how your heart works.
10. “There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think” A.A. Milne.