Ok, it’s officially hot. With temps rising above 80 and humidity more intense than the steamroom in your luxury apartment rental, the last thing you want to deal with is frizzy, sweaty hair. You have bigger concerns, like figuring out how little you can wear without getting arrested. All I know is I’m going to be wearing my hair up from now until August, and this easy updo will keep you looking stylish simultaneously.
1. Gather all of your hair into a ponytail in the back and secure with an elastic. It should be somewhere in the middle (not too high/not too low).
2. Carefully drag the ponytail holder down to the bottom of your ponytail. Stay about 3 inches away from the ends so you can have something to tuck in at the end.
3. Split the hair down the middle.
4. When you loop the hair through go under toward your neck first and then up through the hole.
5. Keep going. It will start to coil up and get tighter.
6. Once it coils up all the way, you’ll start to see it form a bun shape. Use large bobbypins to secure it.
7. Now tuck the tail under, secure it with a bobbypin and smooth down any fly always using hairspray and a tail comb. You want it to look tight and shiny so that it’s no match for summer heat.