How to Get the Ultimate Braided BunBy Bryce • Aug 7th, 2012 • Category: BEAUTY, Hair
Braided buns are beyond “in” – they’re basically taking over the world. You can try rocking this look with cut offs and a silk top or a glamorous, sparkly nighttime frock. Here’s how, as told by Boston’s hair guru, Nick Penna of SalonCapri:
1. Prep damp or dry hair with a pliable mousse like Kerastase Mousse Substantive – it’s collagen-infused and provides a smooth, long-lasting hold. Comb through to ensure even distribution.
2. Apply a dime sized amount of Kerastase Elixir Ultime to locks, starting at the ends and working up to the roots. This will add extra shine and control frizz.
3. Using a paddle brush, pull hair back into a high pony that sits on the crown of the head. Secure with an elastic.
4. Tightly braid the pony to the end; secure with a clear elastic.
5. Coil the braided ponytail around the base of the ponytail to form the bun and secure with bobby-pins every one – two inches of hair.
6. To make sure that the look stays sleek-and-chic, Nick uses his favorite spray, Kerastase Double Force.
For an even more statement-making braided bun, start by styling hair into a sock bun.
- Cut off the end of a clean, unwanted sock (where your toes would be), and roll it up into a donut shape.
- Place the sock around the base of the ponytail so that it is tightly against your head.
- Tilt your head slightly forward and spread your ponytail evenly around the sock so that half of your hair is toward the top of the sock, pointing toward your forehead, and half is at the bottom, pointing toward your back.
- Use a second hair elastic to wrap and secure hair around the outside of the sock, creating a ballerina-bun at the crown of your head.
- Gently gather the ends of your hair into one section and braid.
- Twist the braid around the base of the sock bun and use bobby pins to tuck and clip the ends beneath your bun.
Image [ via ]
Bryce is Bryce Gruber is a Manhattanite mom who can be found jet-setting off to every corner of the globe. She loves exotic places, planes with WiFi, summer clothes, & Sucre brown butter truffles. Bryce's aim is to do to luxury what Elton John did to being gay. Follow her on twitter @brycegruber
All posts by Bryce