How to Get Rid of Nail Ridges: 101
Maybe it’s years of gel manicures or not getting enough calcium in my diet (I still can’t believe ice cream doesn’t count for more), but I’m just prone to nail ridges like you can’t believe. You’ll almost never see me with a naked nail because I actually devote about 5-10 minutes every week on my nail ridge elimination routine. I purposely let my nails get a little gnarly for the sake of this tutorial so you could see how to properly buff your own little fingers out from start to finish.
Basically, all you’ll need is the following:
1. Clean nails.
2. 5 minutes of your life.
3. A Sally Hansen Nail Shaper file (I really like the way this fits in my hand and the colors are so fun, too!)
4. One No More Ridges rectangle (this is where the magic happens)
So, here’s how you’re going to buff out those ridges and uneven peeled areas:
1. Start by gently shaping the edges of your nails so you can achieve either a balanced round or defined square nail bed. Both are endlessly chic, so go wild.
2. Grab that No More Ridges rectangle! Start with ‘Step 1’ and work your way to ‘Step 3’ on the rectangle. For each nail you should moderately work the appropriate side for about 5 to 8 seconds.
3. This is the most exciting part. You’ve already buffed out those ridges and have totally eliminated your uneven surfaces, but you can’t tell yet because of the cloudy look your nails have from the filed dust. Turn your rectangle so ‘Step 4’ and give each nail about 10 seconds. Your nails will have a sheen so intense you’ll wonder if somehow clear nail polish ended up there by magic. Don’t worry— it didn’t, that’s just the look of clean, buffed, and ready-to-polish nails.
4. Finish with your fave all in one polish or color and enjoy your new ridge-free lifestyle. I chose ‘Early Gray’ by Sally Hansen because it’s so, so versatile!
*This post was sponsored but I really do buff and care for my nails this way, and I wear that nail color almost every week:)