9 Anticancer Herbs to Try Now
Nine anticancer herbs to try now, because your health is everything.
Did you know that cancer has been around for thousands of years? The word “cancer” was actually first used by the Greek physician Hippocrates all the way back in Ancient Greece (around 400 B.C.). All this time, doctors have been trying to find ways to prevent and treat cancer. Medicines are only a modern development, but there are many herbs and plants that have been used on the frontline of the war on cancer. Here are a few of the more common anticancer herbs to try:
- Burdock root – This root is believed to contain anti-cancer compounds which can stop the cancer cells from spreading (metastasizing) through the body. It’s commonly used in Russia and India as an anti-cancer treatment, as it is effective at reducing the cancer-causing toxins that accumulate in our digestive systems.
- Ginger root – Ginger contains an antioxidant called gingerol. This antioxidant can promote cellular apoptosis (death) of cancer cells. It can also reduce inflammation and improve immune function. Some studies even suggest it can help to protect you from colon cancer, thanks to its digestion-boosting properties.
- Grape seed – Grape seeds contain proanthocyanidins, potent antioxidants that can fight off cancer cells. They have been shown to reduce the spread and migration of pancreatic cancer cells. Grape seed extract can limit the growth and survival of cancer cells, all while protecting healthy cells.
- Aloe vera – Aloe vera is more than just good for your skin! It contains compounds that can kill off cancer cells in your bladder, reducing your risk of bladder cancer. It basically stops the life cycle of the cancer cells, leading to cellular death.
READ MORE: Exercise the New Anti-Cancer Remedy
- Cloves – Cloves are packed with antioxidants; in fact, they have more antioxidants than any other food on the planet. Clove oil has the highest ORAC score of any food, and it’s packed with anthocyanins that can stop the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Turmeric – This bright orange root contains a compound called curcumin, a potent antioxidant that can cause the death of cancer cells. At the same time, it will actually protect healthy cells from damage. It suppresses an inflammation pathway that is linked to a number of diseases. Regularly eating turmeric may be an effective preventive measure against cancer of the lung, breast, colon, skin, and stomach. It’s also one of the most popular anticancer herbs currently.
- Licorice Root – This Ancient Chinese Medicine can protect the DNA from damage. The polyphenols in licorice root can promote the death of cancer cells, and will reduce the production of stress hormones in your body. The root may even be able to stop the spread or growth of breast cancer cells.
- Bloodroot – This plant is used by the people indigenous to Canada as a treatment for skin cancer. Applying it directly to the skin can help to shrink cancer cells. However, ingesting it can also shrink tumors and treat sarcomas. It can destroy a lot of cancer cells, reducing the size and spread of tumors.
- Barberry – This berry has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, thanks to its ability to improve immune function and blood pressure. You’ll find it’s also one of the more potent anticancer herbs to try. Barberry contains an alkaloid called berberine that can kill cancer cells. Multiple tests have proven berberine an effective anti-cancer compound. In fact, barberry was used in a 100-year old cancer treatment.
These are just a few of the anticancer herbs to try now, but there are many more. Mother Nature has more than provided protection against disease!