I’m not usually a huge fan of coffee cake, to tell you the truth. However, Starbucks has the market beat with a deliciously moist version that I can actually stomach. Make it in batch form & become FIRST on the list for all friendly potluck brunches.
Copycat Starbucks Coffee Cake
Recipe from AllRecipes.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make topping by combining 1 cup flour with brown sugar, a stick of softened butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mixture should have the consistency of moist sand. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little bit at a time. Add half n half and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter. Be sure the topping completely covers the batter.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn light brown. Cool and slice into 8 pieces.
Leave a Comment