It is just getting far too hot outside to be standing over any sort of open flame or hot coal with the purpose of making a s’more. Why are s’mores summertime treats? They are the only dessert that can actually make you sweat whilst preparing them. Alas, we have found a solution: Frosty S’mores Cups! Frosty being the keyword. Recipe and images via easybaked.net.
- 18 graham cracker squares (9 sheets or about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. whipping cream
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c. cold milk
- 1 box (4 servings, 3.9 oz)instant chocolate pudding
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip (thawed in fridge)
- 1/4 c. mini chocolate chips (as topping)
- Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Melt butter and add to graham crackers, mixing until well combined to make crust.
- Prepare pan by placing disks into the bottom of each cup.
- Evenly divide crust mixture into all 12 cups, saving about 1/4 cup to use as topping later. Press crumbs firmly into the bottom of each cup.
- Place milk chocolate chips and whipping cream into a small bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into a zip top bag, cut a tip off and evenly pipe chocolate into the center of each cup, on top of the crust.
- Divide Marshmallows among cups.
- Mix cold milk with pudding on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip container (the rest will be used as topping).
- Spoon filling into a large zip top bag (and ZIP it or you might have a mess!) Clip a corner off and pipe pudding into each cup evenly. Try to pipe it in between the marshmallows so that the whole cup is filled.
- Use a knife to smooth the tops level with the top of the pan.
- Freeze for at least a couple of hours.
- Allow the pan to warm just a bit before taking each dessert cup out. Poke a finger up through the hole in the bottom of the pan and grab that s’mores cup by its crust. Remove the disk from the bottom and you are ready to add topping.
- For topping, pipe a little bit of the left over Cool Whip on each dessert using a decorating tip. Then sprinkle the remaining crust and mini chocolate chips on top.
- Serve cold right away– or put them in a sealed container and freeze until you are ready to serve.