Most gals simply don’t have time to be hitting the spa all day (I know, life is hard), but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take a little time to pamper ourselves during the most mundane and routine tasks. I try to go out of my way to add even just 10 minutes to my shower routine for a little pampering (provided my kids are out, napping, or otherwise busy). A 5 minute investment in yourself on a drugstore budget almost always equals an exponential return on investment… typically in the form of having a happy day. Here’s how to do it:
1. Atmosphere. Whether it’s a bath or shower, turn on your Pandora. Uplifting music is everything. Light a scented candle that makes you happy. I’m particularly drawn to scents that resemble fattening desserts, but that’s just me.
2. Use a great cleanser on your face. Pick your favorite cleanser (any cleanser that you feel like brings the best out in your skin), and amp it up with a Dermatouch brush. It’ll gently (but effectively) work the cleanser into your skin, lift dirt out of your tired pores, and leave skin really refreshed. And you can buy it on the cheap at Target, so that’s a major bonus.
3. Groom away. Shave your legs, trim any places that might need trimming, and carry on with your singing in the shower. If you feel well-groomed, your approach to the day will just be better. It’s kind of like that “don’t leave home with mismatched underwear” rule. is easy to use, shower-friendly, portable, and available just about everywhere. Use it with a moisturizing shave gel like Skintimate Skin Therapy and you’ll be good to go, totally in-tact, and silky smooth.
4. Don’t forget the moisture! Each day, your skin loses vital moisture and nutrients, especially after a steamy shower. Replenish your skin by using a super-hydrating formula like Dial’s 7-Day Moisturizing Lotion. They make an a variety called Skin Therapy with Himalayan Pink Minerals that’ll rock your socks off, but not your wallet.
5. The after party. Keep the soothing, happy feeling going by wearing an outfit you feel really good about. Show off the brighter, happier you. Try a fun lipstick, cute Spring dress, or even a flirty pair of pastel jeans.