We are what we eat… right? Check out these food inspired products that will pack a serious beauty punch:
Vitamin C: Known for its astringency and high levels of antioxidants, citrusy Vitamin C, coming from oranges, grapefruit & lemons, help to protect against free radicals and help to assist exfoliation for a healthy, youthful glow.
- Avalon Organics Refreshing Gel Cleanser: [AvalonOrganics.com, Whole Foods & select drugstores $10.95]
- Vichy Aqualia ANTIOX Pro-Youth Antioxidant Daily Fluid SPF 12: [VichyUSA.com & select drugstores $29.50]
Peach Seed Extract: An amazing, natural, solution to thinning hair.Â This stuff will promote growth for receding hairlines and frontal baldness… or just making your hair nice & thick!
- Peter Lamas 5-step Regenerating System (Shampoo/Conditioner/Scalp Serum/Nutrient Mist & Styling Cream): [Fred Segal, Macy’s, Whole Foods, Duane Reade & PeterLamas.com $20-$45]
Papaya & Coconut Duo: This tag-team will exfoliate, detox & clarify dull skin with Papaya extract, while soothing, hydrating Coconut milk sets moisture in gear.
- Alba HAWAIIAN Spa Papaya Mango Exfoliating Body Wash [$8.95] & Coconut Milk Body Cream [$11.95]: Whole Foods or AlbaBotanica.com
Almond & Garlic Oil: Included in nail treatments, these essential oils don’t necessarily smell like their sources (we’re thankful for that), but they certainly harness the anti-fungal & strengthening powers of garlic, and the moisturizing power of almonds.
- St. Barths Nail Treatment Set: [IdalmiStBarth.com $25]
Raspberry & Pomegranate Extract: Both rich in antioxidants… they’re a supple & sweet add-in to any lip treatment.
- KORRES Raspberry Liquid Lipstick: [Sephora, Sephora.com and KorresUSA.com $22]
Cocoa: Not only does this stuff smell good, but when used in tanning exfoliants/tints, this stuff is a SUPER-moisturizing powerhouse.
- philosophy the big skinny self-tanning firming cream [$28] & skin smoothing exfoliating scrub [$20]Â philosophy.com
**samples were provided for review.