Itchy penis 101: Seriously, here’s why:
One of the worst things about penile disorders/diseases is that nearly all of them involve itching of some sort. An itchy penis is one of the most annoying things in the world. It’s SO hard not to scratch your penis when it itches, but too much scratching can lead to worse infections or even bleeding.
So what do you do? The first step is to find out what’s causing the itching, and then take steps to deal with the problem. Below are a few of the reasons your penis may be itching:
- Jock Itch — This is a skin infection caused by fungal or bacterial infections, and it appears in the area around your groin. The rash is highly itchy and very red, and it is an infection that usually occurs among men thanks to the unique design of our fancy parts.
- Allergy –– This may sound silly, but if your penis was exposed to any allergens (poison ivy, poison oak, etc.), the itching may be caused by an allergic reaction.
- Eczema –– While eczema is not commonly associated with the penis, it can develop pretty much anywhere around your body. If your eczema has spread to the genital region, it may be the cause of your itchy penis.
- Psoriasis –– This is a chronic condition that causes your skin to flake, scab, and peel thanks to excessive dryness. If the psoriasis has spread to your penis, the sensitive member will be very itchy as a result of the dryness of the skin.
- Genital warts –– These are caused by the HPV virus, and is one of the most annoying Sexually Transmitted Infections. Warts tend to develop on and around the penis, and they can be both painful and very itchy.
READ MORE: Best Penis Cakes Ever!
- Penile yeast infection –– Candida yeast infections are fairly common among women, but if it is passed to a man, watch out! Penile yeast infections are VERY painful, not to mention itchy. The yeast feasts on the skin around the opening on the head of the penis, leading to serious itching and a lot of pain.
- Crabs –– Also known as pubic lice, this can lead to some pretty nasty itching problems! The lice burrow into the skin and lay their eggs, and the itching is caused by the body’s negative reaction to the eggs being laid beneath the skin.
- Scabies — Scabies are tiny mites that burrow into your skin and lay their eggs. Once the eggs are laid, your body swells up the tissues around the infection site to stop the eggs from migrating. The resulting inflammation can be painful as well as very itchy.
- Ringworm –– A ringworm is a type of parasite that infects the skin (the appearance is a ring-shape on the skin, hence its name). If it burrows into the skin of your penis, the itching can be QUITE bad in your sensitive privates. Thankfully, you should be able to see the problem quite clearly.
- STDs –– There are a number of STDs that can cause an itchy penis. The infections may be bacterial or viral in nature, but all of them lead to itching, rashes, and other problems around the genitals. That’s why you are supposed to ALWAYS wear condoms when you have sex!
Leave a Comment