With warm, balmy weather around the corner it’s time to start dreaming up new hairstyles. We rounded up some of the top beauty bloggers on the web to talk hair trends:
1. Bring back the accessories! “It’s music festival season and I think we’re all over the feather trend and ready to move on to chain head pieces. They look amazing with hair down or up and make for a fun accessory,” says Lara Eurdolian of PrettyConnected.com. She recommends these fun pieces by ASOS.
2. Going wet is your best bet. Kristin Booker of Fashion.Style.Beauty reports, “Honestly, I love the ‘wet hair’ trend because it means that by simply adding a touch of oil to my wet hair, I can be lazy but look amazing. Just add Moroccanoil to wet hair and either brush it or pull it back, then add red lips and sunglasses to unleash your inner Robert Palmer 80’s video vixen.”
3. Keep braiding, it’s cool forever. Dory Larrabee-Zayas, Beauty Director at HollywoodLife.com suggests, “I’ll always love braids as a quick and easy style for the summer — they’re flirty and cute. I have fine hair so I rely on Oribe’s Dry Texturizing Spray for volume and texture.
4. Braided pigtails because they’re flirty and cute. Aly Walansky of ALittleAlytude.com adds, “I’m all about breaking out the braided pigtails – they are cute, keep me cool, and look adorable with hats at the beach! Also great for day 2 or 3 hair, and I like to spritz a bit of dry shampoo on the roots to keep it fresh (Herbal Essences’ Go Naked rocks!).
5. Go for a top knot. Misti Schindele of Entertainista.com loves the firm-frozen top knot look, because who wants hot hair all over their neck, #amirite? She suggests using RUSK Freezing Spray, which also combats humidity.
6. Spritz in a little Keratin. Keep whatever type of locks you have tame and frizz-free (no matter how fine or big your mane is). Try a product like Sally Hershberger Super Keratin Spray. A few good spritzes on either wet OR dry hair and you’ll notice a difference.
7. Go natural or go home. “I’d love for ’90s curls to come back. I’m tired of this blowout nonsense. It’d be nice for most of the population to be able to get back to their natural texture. I think Lorde’s helping us out with that!” Amber Katz of Rouge18.com tells it like it is, because her soul knows what’s up.
9. Surf-worthy hair. “I am so thankful beachy waves/morning hair is hot for summer again. Since my hair is naturally curly/wavy I can stop fighting it to behave. My go-to product is Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. It smells like summer, doesn’t weight my hair down and combats frizz. I’m out the door in minutes!” says Lauren Dimet Waters of SecondCityStyle.com
10. Big hair, don’t care. Try using a flexible hold hair spray to set your ‘do. The new Play It Big Touchable Hairspray by Salon Grafix keeps tresses tame and in place, while adding support and a ton of volume.
Leave a Comment