So, this weekend was pretty effing amazing. Amazing enough to combine 2 playlists. The weather was b-e-a-utiful and so my butt went straight to the beach, which means I needed some jams to add to the utter heavenliness that is a beach day. What better way to end a beach day then to get pretty and go out! While lacing up my dancing shoes, I needed tunes to get me in a booty shaking state of mind.Â
Beach by day:
1. Summertime by Kenny Chesney. Because I am a shameless country fan and Kenny=beach.
2. I Feel Home by O.A.R. The beach is a 5 minute walk from my front door..Jealous??
3. Life Is a Highway by Rascal Flatts. Because it makes me happy, and Cars is possibly the best Disney movie ever (dont judge me, I’m a kid at heart!)
4. Beautiful Day by U2. Because U2 is amazing, and Irish..so c’mon, of course they would be on my playlist.
5. Scarlet Begonias by Sublime. Channeling the stoner surfer girl that I never became.
Party By Night:
1.Slideshow (featuring John Legend) by T.I.- Purely for street cred..makes me feel like a reformed thug.
2. That’s Not My Name by The Ting Tings. Because it’s almost at the level of Hanson’s MmmBop catchy-ness.
3. Just Dance by Lady GaGa. For several reasons. The obvious..makes me want to dance. I also see this song as a bit of foreshadowing of my night because I tend to lose my phone, and end up with a Dane Cook “fuck it, I just wanna dance.”
4. Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani. An oldie, but a goodie..and because I secretly wish I could be Gwen Stefani.
5. Radar by Britney Spears. Because I like my celebrities with some craziness and Brit sure as hell has got it.