Get ready to feel old. The following is a brief rundown of prominent things that happened 15 years ago. I’m sorry, but how did a decade and a half pass so stealthily? It seems like just yesterday I was playing Oregon Trail on my bright orange iMac in school, and that is why it’s up first on the list:
1. iMac computers. I kind of wish they were still around. Do we get to pick a translucent color of choice for our MacBook Airs? Nope.
2. Baby One More Time. This just goes to show you that a lot can happen in 15 years – you can be an unfathomably prolific pop star, date Justin Timberlake, date weird random guys, have a mental breakdown, shave your head, make an embarrassing comeback, make a redeeming comeback, and be on the X Factor.
3. Furby. 15 years ago, toys and the lives of parents became a lot worse.
4. Harry Potter. Yes, 15 years ago, this happened. I blame its advent on such travesties as Twilight and all those teen vampire-magic-related spinoffs. What happened to the good stuff, like Mean Girls?
5. Google. Did you know life existed B.G. (Before Google)? I vaguely remember living in the pre-Google era, but I don’t know how anyone survived or knew anything. All I know is that I remember a lot fewer funny cat pictures in those days.