Here’s how to beat the stress with essential oils…
As much as we hate it, stress is just a natural part of life. It’s hard to escape from all of the things that stress us out: work, home, family, friends, exercise, diet, weight loss, health, and the list goes on and on. If you let the stress pile up, you could find yourself one heck of a frazzled man or woman.
That’s where essential oils come in handy! There are many uses for essential oils, but one of the best uses is to combat tension and anxiety. Here are a few of the pure essential oils to relieve stress:
- Bergamot — You’ll find that bergamot is wonderful when you need to calm down, as it offers soothing effects. It can be inhaled or applied directly to your skin. (Just be careful with topical application–don’t go outside for 24 hours after applying it.)
- German Chamomile –– This strong essential oil can help to clear your mind, reduce anger, and help to stabilize your emotions. It’s best when diffused and inhaled, but be aware that it can cause skin irritation.
- Cedarwood –-Cedarwood has been proven to be useful for counteracting the effects of ADHD, making it useful for those who are suffering from anxiety and stress. Apply it to the base of the skull for maximum efficiency, or inhale it to stimulate your pineal gland and limbic system.
- Lavender — Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular oils to reduce stress, tension, and anxiety. It’s often applied to the hands and the temples, where it can be inhaled to improve mood and stabilize emotions.
- Rosemary –– There have been studies that prove that the compounds contained in rosemary oil can be useful to reduce cortisol levels, thereby reducing the effects of stress on your body. As a bonus, it can also boost mental accuracy and speed.
- Lemon Balm –– Lemon balm has been used for hundreds of years as a treatment for anxiety, tension, and insomnia. It’s an effective essential oil to calm your mind, and it can help you concentrate on tasks that need your full attention.
READ MORE: Coconut Oil as a Sexual Lubricant
- Vanilla –– The beautiful, sweet scent of vanilla is wonderful to help you fight stress and anxiety. In a medical study, it reduced anxiety by 63%! It can help to enhance your mood as well as combat stress.
- Frankincense –– This unique essential oil helps your body transport more oxygen to the brain, ensuring that the limbic system receives the oxygen it needs to be healthy and balanced. This oil can help to reduce both anxious and depressive behaviors, and it is excellent to use for meditation.
- Jasmine –– This essential oil is more stimulating than relaxing, but it will help to reduce anxiety by boosting your mood. It’s a powerful anti-depressant, and it can alleviate headaches and prevent insomnia.
- Geranium –– This essential oil reduces tension, relieves stress, and can help to release toxins from your body.
- Marjoram –– Once known as the “herb of happiness”, marjoram makes a wonderful essential oil that can help to relax muscles, reduce muscle spasms, and prevent inflammation in your body. It can also deal with migraines and promotes better sleep at night.
- Sandalwood –– Sandalwood essential oil affects your limbic system, helping to balance out your emotions. It will also keep your immune system strong, ensuring that your body is protected from disease.