Eat these metabolism boosting foods to help your body run faster!
Wouldn’t it be awesome if weight loss was easy? You could just take a pill that eliminates the excess weight, and you’ll shed those pounds in no time. Don’t we all wish?! Weight loss is never easy, as your body is designed to STORE fat, not burn it. It’s going to take all your hard work and effort to shed those extra pounds. Thankfully, there are a few metabolism boosting foods that will make it a little bit easier for you:
- Beans — Beans are an amazing source of plant-based protein, fiber, and nutrients, making them one of the best foods to add to your diet. They can speed up your metabolism and increase the number of calories you burn every day. Plus, the darker-colored beans are packed with antioxidants!
- Almonds –– These high fat foods are actually good for you! The fatty acid content of the nuts will encourage your body to “let go” of its current fat stores, making it easier to burn that body fat. Plus, they will encourage satiety and will help you to avoid over-eating.
- Celery –– The beauty of celery is that you can eat A LOT of it without adding calories to your diet. However, the high fiber content of the celery makes it a bit more challenging for your body to absorb, so you end up burning more calories to digest the veggie. It’s a thermogenic food that will raise your body temperature and liquidate more calories.
- Coffee –– Caffeine gives you a metabolism boost that will last for up to an hour after drinking. You end up burning more calories as your body needs more energy. Drink a cup of coffee before hitting the gym, and you’ll have more energy and will train harder!
- Coconut Oil –– Coconut oil is another high-fat food that promotes weight loss. The unsaturated fats in coconut oil will encourage fat-burning, and will even help to activate the inert stored fat. It’s a metabolism-boosting food that tastes delicious!
READ MORE: 10 Thermogenic Spices to try for Weight Loss
- Crunchy Veggies –– Anything with a bit of extra crunch is going to be good for you! Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts are just a few of the foods that will boost your metabolism and encourage an increase in fat burning.
- Water –– While not technically a “food”, water will definitely have a positive effect on your metabolism. Remember that your body is more than 60% water, so staying hydrated is the key to ensuring healthy internal functions and better energy burning.
- Spices –– Curry powder, turmeric, chili pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, mustard, and ginger are just a few of the thermogenic spices that will give your metabolism a boost. The spicier you make your food, the better! Try these thermogenic spices for quicker weight loss.
- Lean Meat –– Lean cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey, and fish are all EXCELLENT for your health, and they will encourage a healthy metabolism. These high-protein foods deliver the nutrients needed to build muscle, and will help your metabolism run faster.
- Oatmeal –– Oats are high in fiber and complex carbohydrates, and they’ll give you a hefty dose of energy while also speeding up your metabolism. They are truly one of the healthiest breakfast and metabolism boosting foods!
- Green Tea –– Not only will green tea give you a metabolism boost (thanks to the caffeine it contains), but it will also help to target stubborn belly fat. Drinking a few cups of green tea every day will do wonders for your weight loss efforts!