Cinnamon seems so humble (unless, of course, you’re one of those people who has done the cinnamon challenge), but it actually harbors a myriad of health benefits you probably didn’t know about. A mere sprinkle on your morning cereal is enough to give you a taste of its health magic. Personally, I like to top my iced coffee with it. I also like cinnamon rolls, and that’s ok because look what cinnamon can do for you:
1. Lowers bad cholesterol.
2. Possesses anti-fungal properties.
3. It can inhibit the spread of lymphoma and leukemia cells.
4. Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on blood.
5. Combine a little honey with your cinnamon to relieve arthritis pain.
6. When added to food, cinnamon acts as a natural preservative.
7. Smelling cinnamon alone boosts cognitive function and memory.
8. Unpasteurized juices may be totally hip, but what about E. coli? Cinnamon fights these bacteria so you can enjoy your juice in peace.
9. It’s a natural headache remedy and can even provide migraine relief.
10. A few sprinkles can help stabilize blood sugar (in other words, weight loss).