What makes fish oil so awesome? Find out here…
Fish oil is by far one of the most unusual foods on the planet. It tastes as bad as you’d imagine, and it’s definitely a difficult food to enjoy. If your mother ever made you take a spoonful of cod liver oil to help you “get better”, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
But it turns out that it’s worth it to grin and bear the horrible flavor of fish oil. It’s one of the healthiest foods on the planet, and it offers A LOT of health benefits:
- Reduce pollution damage — Your skin is damaged by pollutants, environmental toxins, the UV rays of the sun, and many more things. But taking fish oil can help to reduce the damage done to your skin by the toxins, and can help to prevent pollution from taking a toll on your body.
- Prevent aging –– Fish oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to protect your body at a cellular level. Fish oil protects telomeres, the DNA at the ends of your chromosomes that play a role in cellular regeneration. By improving telomere health and preventing shortening of the telomeres, you can effectively counteract the effects of aging.
- Fight osteoarthritis –– Omega 3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties, meaning they can help to reduce the swelling of your joints caused by arthritis. But fish oil can also reduce your risk of developing osteoarthritis in the first place. In one animal study, it helped to reduce arthritis by up to 50%!
- Speed up fat metabolism –-An Australian study found that taking fish oil (along with exercise) helped to reduce the risk of heart disease, promoted fat burning, and reduced abdominal fat. Omega 3 fatty acids help your body to be more sensitive to insulin, making it easier for your body to regulate blood sugar levels and preventing an excess of stored fat.
- Improve muscle tone –– When you do exercise, your body often breaks down muscle fiber in addition to fat in order to produce energy. But when you suffer from cancer, chemotherapy can lead to serious muscle loss. But not with fish oil! In one study, patients undergoing chemotherapy took fish oil and didn’t lose any weight or muscle tone. Some actually gained muscle tone!
READ MORE: Health Benefits of Flaxseeds
- Improve brain function –– The Omega 3 fatty acids in fish oil will do wonders for your brain, improving cognitive function, boosting your memory, enhancing your concentration, and reducing the risk of age-related brain disorders.
- Strengthen bones –– Calcium is the nutrient most commonly associated with healthy bones, but it turns out the DHA in Omega-3 fatty acids will also do the trick. Studies have proven that DHA is needed for the growth of healthy bones, and can help to improve both bone health and density.
- Boost heart health –– Studies have proven that Omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for the health of your heart, and fish oil can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease–including strokes and heart attacks–thanks to its ability to lower triglyceride levels.
- Enhance immunity –– Want to strengthen your immune system? Get more Omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to increase the cytokines and other immune cells in the body.
- Improve digestion –– Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of fish oil, you can reduce a wide range of digestive disorders, including Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, IBD, Celiac disease, and short bowel syndrome. Definitely a good reason to add more fish oil to your life!
What a load of bullshit. Medical studies show fish oil has zero benefits
What a load of bullshit. Medical studies show that people who comment on online articles provide zero benefit to life.