Yum Alert: Red Velvet PancakesBy Ashley • Mar 20th, 2011 • Category: Dining, Food, FOOD AND TRAVEL, Recipes
Wondering how to seduce someone in to doing anything you want? Serve them this, and you’ll surely get it all, and more.
Red Velvet Pancakes
via howsweeteats // makes 8 pancakes
- 1½ cups minus 1½ tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Whisk together milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in milk mixture and food coloring. Mix until combined.
- Preheat skillet or griddle on medium heat. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter. Once bubbles form, gently flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- Top with chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting.
Ashley is a fun-loving, twenty-something living in Brooklyn. She spends most of her time absorbing all the life, tofu and whiskey that NYC has to offer. Her current obsessions? BDG High-waisted leggings, vintage boot shopping in Williamsburg, Katherine Kwei's sling bag and Melanie Marie's two-finger horn ring.
All posts by Ashley