While sitting next to a camp-fire, loving s’mores may not be a desirable pass-time in this 100 degree heat, THESE with a cold glass of milk are just the ticket to summertime bliss.
Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies
- 1 package graham crackers, broken into squares
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 – 3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper. Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer to low speed and add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Fold in chips and marshmallows. Place tablespoons of dough on each graham cracker square. Press down slightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top.
- Return pans to the oven and bake for 5 to 7 more minutes or until dough is golden brown at the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool.