Warning: This article is not for vegetarians.
Does anyone agree with the statement that country birds produce one of the most delicious and underrated meats in the world (as long as it’s cooked medium rare). I have no answer, because this isn’t my thang but you guys should make this sandwich and let me know.
Apparently this pigeon breast sandwich makes a brilliant casual lunch, dinner or snack with a nice salad.
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- olive oil
- sea salt
- white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- 4 pigeon breasts, skin on
- 1 whole nutmeg, for grating
- 2 bay leaves
- Worcestershire sauce
For preparation click here.