Need I say more than “Vegan Pumpkin Pie Milkshake with Cinnamon Maple Coconut Whipped Cream?”
Well, in case I do… this fall-inspired “milkshake” recipe is not only chock full of deliciousness and holiday spirit, but is vegan and free from gluten and refined sugar! Seriously, is there a healthier AND yummier way to start the pre-celebration of Thanksgiving?
Enjoy these vegan pumpkin pie milkshakes as a sweet breakfast, before your workout, or at any other time of the day (that’s cool, too).
Image and recipe via Edible Perspective:
Yields 4 [1/2] cup servings
For the vegan pumpkin pie milkshake:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, whisked well
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup large flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/16 teaspoon clove
- pinch of salt
- unsweetened almond milk, or soy/rice/etc.
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, fully chilled and not shaken
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon