The Hair Style for the Heat WaveBy Corinne • Jul 9th, 2010 • Category: BEAUTY, Hair
Since we are currently experiencing a heat wave, I have zero desire to wear my long hair down. Normally Iâ€™d opt for the messy bun look, but let’s face it – hair that resembles a makeshift bird’s nest is not always too attractive.. so what to do? The good old fashion pony tail is the perfect solution when it comes to dealing with hot, sticky weather. Before you scrunch your nose and shake your head (you don’t have to sport a scrunchie with the pony, unless you really want to) read on – there are a variety of pony tails that are fun, flirty, and stylish! We’ll begin with my favorite, the 80′s pony. Not only do I think this is a playful version of the classic pony tail, but it sure is a chic way to keep my hair off my neck when I begin to melt. Safe to say I’ve said bye bye to my buns!
Pony Tail #1: 80â€™s Side Pony
The Products: ECRU Volumizing Silk Mist ($24). This product enhances volume and texture without alcohol! Plus strengthens and conditions. The NYS Hairspray ($16.50) repairs â€¨split ends while giving medium â€¨to firm hold.
- Use ECRU Volumizing Silk Mist prior to blow drying hair
- When dry, separate hair into 2-inch sections
- Spray each section with New York Streets Hairspray
- Roll sections around a large curling iron
- Lightly bring hair to a side pony that sits diagonally from the top of your ear
- Keep the top loose but the sides pulled back tighter
Pony #2: The Low Smoothed Pony
The Products: ECRU Sunlight Holding Spray ($22). The pro Vitamin B-5 and Olive Oil Extracts in this spray offer firm yet gentle support. ECRU Silk Texturizing Balm ($32.50). This multi-functional styling balm separates, defines and adds pliable hold to any length or texture of hair.
- Pull hair back into a loose low ponytail
- Spray a fine-toothed comb with ECRU Sunlight Holding Spray and lightly comb back any fly-away hairs
- Spray large sections of hair with ECRU Sunlight Holding Spray and wrap around a 1″ barrel curling iron on large sections of the ponytail
- Cover hands with a thin layer of ECRU Silk Texturizing Balm and apply to each curl to create definition
Pony #3: The Low Side Pony
The Products: NYS Forming Gel ($15.50). This gel adds â€¨texture and dimension to all hair types. ECRU Silk Nectar Serum ($32.50) is a remarkably light serum that treats hair and scalp while providing optimum condition for styling.
- For the low side pony, start with a good thorough blow out using a round brush and New York Streets Forming Gel
- Once volume and smoothness is created, pull hair to the side loosely, leaving pieces in the front
- Apply Silk Nectar Serum to the ends for detail and shine
Disclosure: All products were provided for review. No monetary compensation was received for this review. All opinions belong to the author.
Corinne is Corinne is an outgoing and spontaneous Bostonian currently living in New York studying Public Relations. She enjoys traveling, fabulous nights out on the town, and loud laughs. She has a weakness for stilettos, anything leopard print, and greyhounds. Her two essentials before leaving her apartment include Diorshow mascara and Escadaâ€™s Moon Sparkle perfume.
All posts by Corinne