Selena Gomez Glowed at 2013 VMA’s
Selena Gomez totally rocked our beauty worlds at tonight’s 2013 VMA’s. Her clean, flawless skin and makeup was a perfect offset to her art-inspired fashion by Versace.
Celebrity makeup artist Gita Bass, a member of the Simple Advisory Board and the talent behind Selena’s glam face, shares her behind-the-scenes tips on how to recreate her sexy but still young and fun look at home.
1. Start with a fresh canvas. The first step in getting a great make-up look is to start by taking proper care of skin. Moisturize with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer. It is perfect even for sensitive skin and has no dyes, artificial perfumes or harsh irritants that can upset skin. Available here.
2. Even out the skin tone. Selena used Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. After moisturizing, foundation will spread easily and stay on longer. Where needed, apply concealer. Gita also used Cle de Peau concealer in Honey on Selena.
3. To match Selena’s navy Versace stunner, they decided to go with a navy cat eye. Gita used Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes in 3L Layered to line eyes and topped them off with Volume Effet Faux Cil Mascara by YSL.
4. A berry lip added contrast to the rest of the look. Gita used Tom Ford Lip Color in Black Orchid.
- Beauty Editors Get Honest About How PR Should Pitch Them
- Father and Son Makeup Portraits are Totally Fierce
- 20 Near Instant Ways to Take Years Off Your Look (as told by Dr. Youn)
- 10k for an Instagram? Why ‘Imposter Influencers’ Need to Go.
- My Fave Injection for Frown Lines, Xeomin, + a Savings Offer