Hi-Lo Bag Essentials, What You Really NeedBy Bryce • Aug 13th, 2013 • Category: BEAUTY, Cosmetics, FASHION, Hair, Shoes and Accessories
Hi-Lo dressing has been the name of the fashion and beauty game for a while already. The trick is mixing high end timeless accessories with medium-frilled, on-trend fashion staples. It doesn’t end there, though. Your face is the next hi-lo frontier, and what you pack in your gorgeous Lanvin, Celine, or Chloe bag makes all the difference. Here’s what we’re loving:
1. A versatile hair product. KMS’ new TameFrizz line has a little bottle of oil that’s sort of perfect. It’s weightless and shine-enhancing, but also defrizzes the holy moly out of summer hair, post-gym hair, suddenly humid-office hair, and a variety of other un-sultry looks. It also works particularly well as a cuticle outline for impromptu nail art, emergency dry patch moisturizer, and door-hinge de-sqeaker. So, throw this in your bag. You’ll use it. Available here.
2. Interchangeable shadows. Mark makes a cute snap-it-in style eye shadow palette that rivals the ones you’ll find at much pricier makeup counters. Pick your shades, pop ‘em in, and beautify! I particularly love this because you can change your shades with your mood, time of day, or destination. So easy, so chic. Available here.
3. Jewelry you can’t ruin. I can’t get enough of my gold Budha Girl bangles. They’re indestructible, almost. Although they look like real, solid metal, they’re made of a high quality filled plastic that lets you bang them up, wear them in the pool, leave them in your bag, or just about any other irresponsible jewelry offense we’ve all been guilty of at one time or another. And now, oh now, they’re debuting their line of silver bangles! How effortless, and perfect. You can wear a few, and leave a few in your bag for emergency jazz-up-my-look situations. Available here.
4. Combine your balm, gloss, and color action. Who has time for all 3? Not me, that’s for sure. I mean, I switch out my power lipsticks from bag to bag and life moment to life moment, but I always keep a trusty deep-tinted balm at in each bag at all times. I love this Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Shock. It’s awesome for a pop during daytime denim hours, and sexy for a little black dress at night. Available just about everywhere, so that’s a major plus, too.
5. The perfect bag. The bag is the bulk of your investment, everything else is a detail that can be reached affordable. I love, love, love this Lanvin Medium. A variety of colors are available depending on retailer. You’ll rock it for ages. And if you don’t, find me, I’ll buy yours off you to add to my collection. Available at Barneys and other retailers.
Bryce is Bryce Gruber is a Manhattanite mom who can be found jet-setting off to every corner of the globe. She loves exotic places, planes with WiFi, summer clothes, & Sucre brown butter truffles. Bryce's aim is to do to luxury what Elton John did to being gay. Follow her on twitter @brycegruber
All posts by Bryce