10 Foods to Slow Aging
Live longer by eating these foods to slow aging.
We all want to live forever, which is why there are so many anti-aging creams and serums floating around the market. People want to stave off old age, particularly in terms of appearance. Sadly, there is no “Fountain of Youth”, and there’s really no way to keep old age away forever.
However, with these foods to slow aging below, you may just be able to slow down aging enough that you’ll get a few more good years:
- Avocados — Did you know that avocadoes are one of the HEALTHIEST foods around? Not only do they contain weight loss-promoting fats, but they’re loaded with Vitamins C and E–excellent for slowing aging. They’re also rich in folic acid, which can reduce your risk of heart disease AND bone disease.
- Whole Grains — Brown rice, quinoa, barley, and other whole grains aren’t just good for your waistline, but they’re excellent for keeping your heart healthy as well. These grains lower your cholesterol, regulate blood sugar, keep your appetite healthy, and prevent heart disease.
- Garlic — Drive away old age as well as vampires and friends with this aromatic vegetable! Garlic is excellent for your immune system, and it can reduce the formation and spread of carcinogens. It’s excellent for your heart and blood pressure, and it can prevent inflammation in your body.
- Red Wine — Now you have an excuse to have ONE glass of wine per day! Red wind is loaded with antioxidants, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular disorders. It can also reduce your risk of fatal blood clots, decrease inflammation in your body, get rid of cholesterol, and fight cancer.
- Veggies — All veggies are essentially anti-aging foods, as the fiber they contain will get rid of sugar and cholesterol from your digestive tract. They give your body an extra defense against invading pathogens, as they strengthen your immune system. Reduce your risk of high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart attacks by eating more greens!
READ MORE: How Much is Too Much Wine?
- Nuts — Loaded with healthy fats, nuts are one of the best foods you can eat. The protein and fiber in nuts will help to keep you strong and healthy, but it’s the Omega-3 fatty acids that will keep your heart working well for years to come. Nuts are loaded with minerals, as well as Vitamin E to prevent damage to your cells.
- Fish — Who doesn’t love a bit of fish now and again? Fish is a heart-smart protein, as it’s low in fat and high in fatty acids. Fish is actually one of the BEST anti-aging foods around, thanks to the Omega-3 fatty acids that will stop inflammation, prevent the spread of carcinogens, and improve the health of your heart.
- Berries — Tangy, tart, and sweet, berries are one of the best foods to eat for a healthy immune system. They contain almost as much Vitamin C as lemons do, plus they’re loaded with other antioxidants. Blueberries have been shown to reduce neurological degeneration, as well as prevent cancer cell growth.
- Beans — Ahh yes, the “magical fruit”. Beans are rich in fiber, meaning they’re EXCELLENT for the health of your heart. They’re also very low in fat but high in protein, so you’ll find they make great muscle foods. Some beans are even loaded with flavonoids, antioxidants that will boost your heart health. There are even a few beans–soy and kidney primarily–that are believed to protect your body from cancer!
- Dark Chocolate — Now you have an excuse to eat this stuff. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants, but only when it’s in its natural state (unsweetened and unprocessed). It can help to prevent skin aging, as well as increase moisture retention. All in all, dark chocolate is one skin health-friendly food!
Eat these foods to slow down aging, and who knows how much longer you can live?!