Culture Spotting: 10 Stupid Social Media StatsBy emilyc • Dec 14th, 2012 • Category: ENTERTAINMENT, Internet
I don’t know, maybe you wonder about these things sometimes. I, for instance, sit on Facebook late at night thinking, “Is my amount of friends normal?” or “Do I care too much about my privacy settings?” or “Should I get mad at my friends who aren’t on Twitter?” What’s the deal with Instagram, really? Should I consider rehab for Pinterest use? So many questions are coursing through my mind, so I’ve decided to clear a few things up. Chances are, you wondered about at least a few of these at some point in your social media life, so read on for some fun and fascinating stats.
1. 25% of Facebook users don’t bother with any sort of privacy control.
2. An average Facebook user has 130 friends.
3. 85% of women are annoyed by their friends on Facebook.
4. 32% of all Internet users are using Twitter.
5. 11 accounts are created every second on Twitter.
6. Sandy was an InstaSensation: Instagram users uploaded more than 800,000 photos of Hurricane Sandy using the hashtag #Sandy.
7. 40% of brands have adopted Instagram for marketing.
8. 97 percent of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women – surprised?
9. Users spend an average of 16 minutes on Pinterest a visit…oh, so 3 hours at a time isn’t average?
10. 57 percent of Pinterest users interact with food-related content, the #1 category of content.
(statistics as of 11/29/12 [via])
emilyc is Emily is a New Yorker trapped in a Floridian's body and loves every minute of her big city life. With a major in international business and years of being surrounded by ill-fitting suits and all the wrong shoes, she learned that the importance of fashion needs to be communicated to the world. To her, fashion is on the same level as charity work and feeding hungry children. Emily can be found frolicking the streets of her gayborhood enjoying the off-color humor of the gays.
All posts by emilyc