Beauty Spotting: Dry Shampoo is Your Best Friend
In a world where we don’t even have enough time to cook a proper dinner, there’s simply no time to go around blowing our hair out perfectly each morning. And frankly, if some how you DO have all that time on you, you’re just going to destroy your locks by dehydrating them if you shampoo and style too often. Solution? Dry shampoo. It’s genius because it sops up excess oil without leaving weird clumps or dusty-looking patches, and gives you an extra 1-2 days of life in your coiffure. Some of my top picks:
1. Salon Grafix Dry Shampoo. It’s cheap, it’s easy, it’s at just about every major drug store and you can rely on it to keep give you a little extra boost at a totally affordable price. Plus, this one is one of my favorites for men. There’s no color or significant scent, and the packaging doesn’t scream out “I wear body glitter.”
2. No Drought by LUSH. This one is mega easy to travel with, a little more eco-friendly thanks to non-aerosol packaging, and can be manipulated in a more hands-on way. It’s a loose powder, so you can work it in with your fingers, a comb, or on a paddle brush. It’s all about options, ladies. Little hint: if you’re on the road with few other supplies, you can use a little of this in your stinky-as-hell ballet flats to kill the stench.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo. Um, hello, it’s under $5. You know what that means? You can afford to leave one in your purse, gym locker, desk drawer, AND in your medicine cabinet. And honestly, you should keep one in your boyfriend’s apartment too. Why? Because tampons are a little intimidating for early relationships, but dry shampoo just says “baby, we can share this and I just want to look good for you… and don’t worry, I like totally never menstruate.”
4. Keratin Complex for Blondes. I mean, we all know how hard it is to be a blonde. All the constant attention, Barbie-references, immediate entrance into nightclubs, clumpy-ish hair product build-up,etc… it’s exhausting. I get it, but your dry shampoo doesn’t have to be. Keratin Complex makes an awesome one that’s specifically formulated for blonde hair. It goes on smoothly without a trace of the stuff that might normally show against pale locks.
5. Ambiance for Brunettes. I really love this one for handbags and travel (I mean, I’m not biased as a brunette or anything). The brush applicator is super easy for short or long hair, it’s easy to pack, and does a great job of adding a little lift to otherwise oily, drab roots.