Glowing skin: simple ways to get your face looking fabulous!
Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? It’s also the organ that receives the most damage on a daily basis. The sun and wind dry it out, and it’s exposed to chemicals and pollutants. If you don’t take care of your skin, it’s going to start showing signs of wear and tear much sooner than you might like!
Thankfully, there are A LOT of amazing home remedies for glowing skin that you can try. These remedies will nourish your skin and provide protective nutrients, ensuring that your skin can repair itself and return to its healthy state.
Here are some of the best home remedies for glowing skin:
- Rub tomato on your face. The pulp of the tomato contains A LOT of Vitamin C, which your body needs in order to produce collagen. The natural bleaching properties of the tomato will help to lighten your skin and get rid of blemishes. Rub the tomato all over your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Mix honey and lemon. Honey will help to kill off the bacteria on your skin, and both honey and lemons are both natural bleaching agents. Mix the honey into the lemon juice until it is thoroughly dissolved, then apply the mixture to your face. Leave it for only 15 to 20 minutes, and stay out of the sun for up to 8 hours after the treatment.
- Scrub your face with oats. Leave oats soaking in warm water for 5 minutes, then rub the thick paste onto your face. Rub in a circular motion, massaging into your skin–particularly around the T-zone. The nutrients in the oats will do wonders to leave your skin glowing and healthy.
- Rub an ice cube on your face. Not only will this help to improve circulation, but doing this before putting on makeup will prevent smudging and will help the makeup last longer.
- Use green apple pulp. Scrub your face using the pulp of a green apple, and you’ll improve the circulation drastically. You can also leave your skin glowing and healthy, thanks to the vitamins and antioxidants in the apple.
READ MORE: Vitamins for Oily Skin and 5 Other Issues
- Mash up papaya and honey. The antibacterial properties of honey will go wonderfully with the restorative benefits of papaya, making for one heck of an awesome remedy for more beautiful, glowing skin.
- Apply olive oil. Focus on the areas around your cheekbones, as that’s where you apply blush. The olive oil will act as a protective agent against the thick cosmetics, and will leave your skin glowing.
- Make a paste of turmeric and lemon juice. The tangy paste should only stay on your face for a few minutes, and stay out of the sun after washing off. It’s a powerful remedy that works wonders for your skin!
- Use sugar to exfoliate your skin. Mix up regular table sugar with lemon juice and olive oil, and use the mixture as a scrub to exfoliate your face. The lemon juice will naturally bleach your skin, the sugar will get rid of dead skin cells, and the olive oil is the protective finishing layer.
- Try a combination of yogurt and honey. Yogurt will add moisture to your skin, as well as provide the protein needed to produce more collagen. Honey will get rid of bacteria and protect your skin against acne and other infections. The combination is one you just can’t beat!
Try these remedies, and watch how your skin glows…